Student/Intern Program Requirements
Students will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Clinical Background
- Cleared drug test
- Must currently be in good heath
- Current CPR card (if your CPR certification is due to expire during your rotation, you must renew it to have a viable certification)
- Current PPD check or Chest X-Ray
- Vaccination records
- Receive a flu vaccine (if attending during Dec. 1st - April 1st, if you wish to waive the vaccine, you must wear a mask at all times while at the hospital)
Once approved by your school, the school coordinator must Contact the Student Coordinator for placements.
Internship and Placement Approval
- Your program coordinator will provide you with a copy of the Student Orientation Manual and assessment. You must read it and complete the assessment.
- Your program coordinator will send the files validating the completion of your assessment to the Nicklaus Children's Hospital Intern Coordinator to process.
- The Intern Coordinator will send your program coordinator your Nicklaus Children's Hospital Student ID#.
During the Internship
- Sign in and out at the designated kiosk each day you (a kiosk is located in front of the Volunteer Resources Department)
- Wear your student ID at all times.If you are issued at Hospital ID, wear the hospital ID at all times. Badgemust be worn above the waist.
- Wear clean school approved uniform.If no uniform, the hospital dress code is business casual. Jeans are not permitted.
- Follow all Nicklaus Children's Hospital policies as outlined in the Student Orientation Manual.